Additions to the fiction list are found at numbers 3 (Remember Ben Clayton), 7 (The Art of Fielding), and 8 (Lamb) - and the books at numbers 4-6 each move up a notch.
Fiction: (Top 10 of 76 considered):There are no changes to the Non-Fiction list this time around (that's a first), mainly because I only had two titles to consider. But it's also because I don't feel comfortable moving a classic like Black Boy onto the list and the other title (Juan William's Muzzled) didn't top any of the titles already there.
1. Nemesis - Philip Roth (novel)
2. Saturday - Ian McEwan (novel)
3. Remember Ben Clayton - Stephen Harrigan (novel)
4. Doc - Mary Doria Russell (novel)
5. Love at Absolute Zero - Christopher Meeks (novel)
6. That Old Cape Magic - Richard Russo (novel)
7. The Art of Fielding - Chad Harbach (novel)
8. Lamb - Bonnie Nadzam (novel)
9. Hustle - Jason Skipper (novel)
10.Among the Wonderful - Stacy Carlsen - (novel)
Non-Fiction: (Top 10 of 30 considered):
1. If Trouble Don't Kill Me - Ralph Berrier, Jr. (biography)
2. Wolf: The Lives of Jack London - James L. Haley (biography)
3. Hitch 22: A Memoir - Christopher Hitchens (memoir)
4. Bittersweet Season - Jane Gross (on caring for aging parents)
5. Tiny Terror - William Todd Schultz (psychobiography of Truman Capote)
6. Chinaberry Sidewalks - Rodney Crowell (memoir)It's almost time to start the countdown...where has this year gone?
7. We Were Not Orphans - Sherry Matthews (memoirs from life in a Texas home for neglected children)
8. He Stopped Loving Her Today - Jack Isenhour - (music memoir)
9. What It Is Like to Go to War - Karl Marlantes (memoir)
10. Lincoln's Men - William C. Davis (Civil War History)