Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unintentional Catch-UP

I just this second realized that for the first time in YEARS, I am not in the midst of reading at least one book.  In fact, I can't remember the last time this has happened.  I usually read three or four at a time, a way of ensuring that I can always pick up something and jump in right where I left off.  I have been slow, though, to start anything new this week when I finished one.  So, in the last two days, I've finished the only two I still had going (the last, over lunch today)... and suddenly there's not one to reach for.  You know, that is actually a strange feeling for me.

Not a big problem - I'll just start three or four from the stack of dozens awaiting my attention...but I experienced a strange, though momentary, feeling of "loss."  Yes, I know, that's weird.

2 comments:

  1. It happens to the best of us. I have been a little slow on my reading this summer as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, Cody...but it caught me completely unawares. I think it was primarily the result of my week on the road in late June. That threw my schedule completely off.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.