I have, though, managed to read three books since my last update of the Top 10 lists, so I'll do that this afternoon while the books are fresh on my mind and more easily relatable to the ones already on the list.
This is what the fiction list looks like now after 22 fiction books read:
1. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese (novel)Remarkable Creatures enters the list at number 4.
2. Matterhorn - Karl Marlantes (Vietnam War novel)
3. The Calligrapher's Daughter - Eugenia Kim (novel)
4. Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier (historical fiction)
5. A Fair Maiden - Joyce Carol Oates (novel)
6. The Samaritan's Secret - Matt Beynon Rees (detective fiction)
7. Homer & Langley - E.L. Doctorow (novel)
8. Blind Submission - Debra Ginsberg (novel)
9. T Is for Trespass - Sue Grafton (detective fiction)
10. Get Out of the Way - Daniel Dinges (novel)
And this is the nonfiction list, a Top 9 at this point because I've only read nine nonfiction titles to date:
1. Lies My Mother Never Told Me - Kaylie Jones (memoir)Numbers 6 and 8 are additions to the list.
2. Man of Constant Sorrow - Ralph Stanley & Eddie Dean (biography)
3. The Opposite Field - Jesse Katz - (memoir)
4. The Tennis Partner - Abraham Verghese (1998 memoir)
5. Game Change - John Heilemann & Mark Halperin (political nonfiction)
6. Top of the Order - Sean Manning, Ed. (baseball essays)
7. Goosetown: Reconstructing an Akron Neighborhood - Joyce Dyer (memoir)
8. Never Tell Our Business to Strangers - Jennifer Mascia (memoir)
9. Highest Duty - Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger (memoir)