Saturday, September 27, 2008

No Man Can Eat 50 Eggs

Paul Newman, as I'm sure the whole world is now aware, has lost his battle with cancer - and the world lost one of its greatest ever actors.

That wonderful treasure chest, aka YouTube, has supplied me with a link to one of my favorite movie scenes of all time, the great egg-eating bet from Cool Hand Luke. Now the scene is a little long, so if you want to get to the actual egg-eating part sooner, just place your cursor about half-way through and watch from there. I first saw this movie at a drive-in theater, if you can imagine, and I've never forgotten it. Look at the faces in the prison barracks and see how many you recognize; you'll be surprised.



Rest in peace, Mr. Newman. Thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.