Friday, February 29, 2008

Townes Van Zandt

I've been reading a biography of one of my favorite songwriters, Townes Van Zandt, another of those special people who burned so hot with talent that he consumed himself in the very process of living. I won't be doing a review of the book here because it's promised for another site, but I couldn't resist posting this clip tonight. It shows the real power of the man's music, I think, and I hope you enjoy it. Not everyone is familiar with Townes, so maybe this will create a bit more interest in his music.




There are quite a few recordings of the man's work on YouTube and in the record shops (if anyone still shops for music in record shops). This video is a clip from a seventies documentary that featured Townes pretty prominently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.