Sunday, September 16, 2007

Are You Ready for Some Football? (Week 2)

The Texans were out of town this weekend but I spent a nice afternoon with my 85-year old father watching them on television as they whipped up on the Carolina Panthers 34-21. We were both quite excited as this is the first time in the team's history that it has ever opened a season by winning its first two games. Going back to last season, that's four in a row and eight of the last 15. Believe me, if you had been a fan of the Houston Texans during its first five seasons you would realize how remarkable the previous sentence really is.




An example of the kind of defense that the Texans played most of the afternoon, forcing turnovers and adding points to the scoreboard. Carolina did recover this particular fumble but had three turnovers.




I certainly don't expect to win next week when Manning and the Colts come to town, but it should be fun.

8 comments:

  1. I even picked them in my football pool this week. :) Go Texans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't pick them next week, Annie, unless you get a bunch of points. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I wouldn't pick them over the Colts, unfortunately. Can't really think of I team I would pick over the Colts at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you Sam, when I saw the final score on this game. My Seahawks played terribly losing to one of the worst teams in the NFL, now what does that make the Seahawks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart girl, Annie...although I think that the game will be close, I just can't see us beating them twice in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt, buddy, I know just how you feel. It's been a long process for this team to even get to the point that winning four in a row is a huge deal. We haven't had a winning season yet or even a sniff at the playoffs...count your blessings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, true. My team did get to the Super Bowl which let me tell you was incredibly surprising. Haven't been able to see the Texans games but I'm assuming a big part of the turn around is Matt Schaub, if so it was a great pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're entirely correct, Matt. Schaub is the biggest single reason for the turnaround. He has the team believing in itself and playing as a unit instead of a bunch of guys trying to protect their jobs by building individual stats.

    Andre Johnson, our best receiver, is injured for the Indy game this Sunday, however, and our chances are near zero of pulling off a win.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.