Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Harry Potter Is Missing

I know this story shouldn't have put a smile on my face, but...how often do you hear of anyone stealing a bunch of books? At least these U.K. burglars realized that books have some monetary value and that there is a market for them on the "street."


From BBC News comes the story:
Thousands of Harry Potter books written for Comic Relief which had been due to be recycled have been stolen.

Two pallets containing 3,000 copies were taken from The Recycling Company at Port Talbot's docks.

Fantastic Beasts and Quidditch Through the Ages were written by JK Rowling to raise funds for the BBC Red Nose Day charity appeal.

They were contained in red-coloured plastic satchels which police believe may now be offered for sale.

I wish U.S. burglars had this much class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.